Monday, March 21, 2011

Fantasy Focus: All Sleeper Team

Well, the Giants got rained out today so no game wrap. I thought I'd have a bit of fun with fantasy rankings here. I decided to post my All Sleeper Team which I will define as anybody ranked so low by Yahoo they would not be drafted in my 10 team league with 26 players per team. Here goes:

C : Carlos Ruis, PHI, Rank 281.
1B: Mike Morse, Was, Rank 343(Will play as an OF, but has eligibility at 1B).
2B: Danny Espinosa, Was, Rank 302
3B: Chase Headley, SD, Rank 270
SS: Omar Infante, Fla, Rank 329
OF: Chris Coghlan, Fla, Rank 295
OF: Will Venable, SD, Rank 338
OF: Cody Ross, SF, Rank 370
SP: Kyle McClellen, StL, Rank 301
SP: Eric Bedard, Sea, Rank 462.
SP: Ivan Nova, NYY, Rank 699
SP: Edwin Jackson, Rank 276
SP: Brian Deunsing, Rank 365
RP: Alexi Ogando, Tex, Rank 337
RP: Brian Fuentes, Oak, Rank 342
RP: Jon Rauch, Tor, Rank 377
P : Chris Narveson, Mil, Rank 642
P : Bud Norris, Hou, Rank 282

Some of these are probably being drafted higher than these rankings now.

Who are your "sleepers" this year?

6 comments:

  1. Nice list, DrB.

    I do not have the Yahoo rankings. Have not decided yet whether I should play this season or not. Kind of tired by the grind, but attracted by chance to get Panda on the cheap plus I would bet on a bounce back year from Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think there are several Giants undervalued in the rankings: Pablo, Torres, Ross and Huffy. Sanchez too. Maybe even Zito!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Clint Barmes as a starter in Houston. Lots of power for SS, will hit 2nd and can run a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Barmes is intriguing. He seemed to lose something when he suffered some kind of injury while helping Todd Helton haul a slab of meat up a stairs or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, he fell down some stairs lugging up deer meat, if I recall right. Has not been the same since.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if it was deer meat, serves him right!

    ReplyDelete