Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spring Training Update: Odds and Ends

Shout outs to Buster Posey, Madison Bumgarner, Zack Wheeler and Thomas Neal for making BA's top 100 prospects. The Top 100 is an elite group and this bodes well for the future of the Giants. I'm especially happy to see Thomas Neal on the list even if it was at #96. I think Neal is one of the more underrated prospects in baseball. I see him as our LF of the future and a good one at that.

I ran out last night and bought a copy of BA's 2010 Prospect Handbook. The Giants are ranked as the 4'th best farm system in baseball, also something that bodes well for the future.

There are some great pics of spring training over at azgiants.com. Oh my! Aubrey Huff looks downright skinny. It's great that he's worked hard to get in shape, but I hope he didn't overdo it!

Can't say I'm thrilled with the Zito pics. Hopefully he worked as hard this offseason as last, but I have my doubts.

I can't wait for some intrasquad action and the first exhibition game!

2 comments:

  1. What's the matter with zito? I thought he looked to be in good shape in those pics (even liked the socks). We just need to put a callendar turned to august in his locker so he knows it's time to start dealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zito looks OK. Whenever I see him I'm reminded of that waste of a contract. Hopefully he worked hard again this offseason and builds on his relative success from last year.

    ReplyDelete