Friday, February 26, 2010

Giants Top 50 Prospects #48: Jorge Bucardo

#48 Jorge Bucardo. RHP. BD: 10-18-1989. 6'1", 155 lbs.

2009 Stats: Salem-Keizer(Short Season)- 6-3, 2.64, 81.2 IP, 21 BB, 64 K's, GO/AO= 2.41.

This is one I probably could have ranked higher, although he didn't make BA's top 30 either. I like the age vs level thing. I like the extreme groundball tendencies. The K/9 is barely adequate for level, IMO. To me, he's not a whole lot different than Kyle Nicholson, except at a lower level. Jorge is the younger brother of Wilbur Bucardo who has a similar extreme GB tendency but is older and gets even fewer K's. I would expect Jorge to be a starter for Augusta this year at age 20 which is still a favorable age vs level. Augusta is also a more favorable pitching environment than either Arizona or the Northwest League, so a breakout is not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment