Thursday, February 18, 2010

Giants Top 50 Prospects #42: Andy Reichard

#42 Andy Reichard. RHP. BD: 12-04-1984. 6'4", 235 lbs.

2009 Stats: Low A- 4-4, 2.30, 66.2 IP, 7 BB, 40 K's,GO/AO= 1.35.

Andy Reichard is old for his level, and I've never seen him pitch, but for some reason, I think he really looks good on paper. For starters, he has what I consider to be almost perfect size for a pitcher, tall and big. Part of it is how he has finished the last two seasons with a flourish just getting better and better as the season went along. Then there are the astonishingly low walk rates, the groundball tendencies. The Giants seem to like him too. Fred Stanley included him in his projected San Jose rotation for this year. Andy is definitely someone I'm going to want to see in person. He probably will be lucky to end up as a long reliever in the majors, but he's one of my personal favorites.

2 comments:

  1. I think you will be very suprised with Reichard! In fact id bet on him to have the best season of any starter slated for San Jose. For one thing he is super accurate like you mentioned, and he also throws the hardest out of the group.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I love his pitching lines, and his size. Looking forward to seeing him in person.

    ReplyDelete